We have successfully made it through week 1 of Gabe's life. And, he really is a good baby. He is doing well sleeping at night. He gets up a lot to eat - every 2-3 hours - but he usually goes right back down. I decided with this one to throw in the towel with breastfeeding....so that is a HUGE relief to me! Mom, Stephen and I are taking shifts throughout the night so we all can get some sleep. Allie was waking up screaming for me in the middle of the night, but the past 2 nights she has slept sound ALL night long. And as for me....I am doing SO much better. I do admit that I decided to get a little help from meds from my dr. And, they seem to helping, I feel like myself again and I know that I CAN DO THIS!
Also, we have decided to enroll Allie in a MMO program 2 days a week. I am hoping to take care of that sometime this week (I just hope its not too late to get her in somewhere for this falls program). I know she will love it and it will also be a good break for me. Stephen took Allie to church this morning and mom and I stayed home with the baby. It clicked to me then...that I do need to get her in a MMO program.
I just wanted to update and let everyone know that we are doing much better....thank you for all of your support and prayers.
9 comments:
Relief! So happy and so proud of you
Bethany I am so happy that you are doing much better. I think putting Allie in a MMO program two days a week was a great idea! I knew you could do this. You just needed some time to catch your breath. As always, I am still here if you need me...
That is GREAT! It took just a little adjusting ;) Still, don't hesitate to call or email if you need anything at all. Take care of yourself and your beautiful family and we hope to see you guys soon!
I'm so glad you're doing better, Bethany. I think the MMO thing is definitely a good idea for Allie. My kids are actually starting at Twickenham in August so I am so excited! You will enjoy that time with just you and Gabriel so you can take a breath and maybe get some things done. I do think Gabriel look like that top pic of Stephen, too. :)
We have been thinking about yall lately. I think it is wonderful you told your true feeling bc so many times people ask how are you doing, and most times everyone says good or fine. Of course you can do it! I think it is great yall all sharing feedings, I will reconsider when I have #2 too. Can't wait to see some more pics! I think little boys must have bigger appetites.
Yay for you! I think you are the best mom, and having that one on one time with Gabe will be priceless for yall. Allie will only benefit from it as well. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help!
I am so very glad to hear that you are doing better. I knew you would get through it because you are a wonderful mother and wife, and also you are a STRONG woman. We are still praying for you all. And of course you can do this I never doughted it for a second!!!!!!!! Luv ya Amy
I am so happy things are getting better!! I am continuing to pray for you but so happy things are on the upward swing!
Love you!
I am so glad that you all are doing better!!! Boy he really does look like his daddy!!!
Love aunt robin!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment