Friday, March 28, 2008

If you can't say something nice......

I was walking on the treadmill today when this guy comes up that I haven't seen in a few months.

Guy: Wow, you expecting?
Me: Yes.
Guy: It hasn't been that long since I last saw you in here. You got big fast.
Me: Yeah, I guess.
Guy: Is there just one in there?
Me: Yes.
Guy: Are you sure?

I mean, come one....I have heard some bad comments, but that one tops them all. I know I am big, I am pregnant...and will get bigger and prefer to not have random people remind me how great I look right now! So, my advice to those who don't know what to say to pregnant women: If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

10 comments:

The Roper's said...

And you are NOT that big...you look precious. Men!?!?!

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

I AGREE, Bethany! I could write a book on the idiotic things that people say. I got some stupid comments when I was pregnant and still when people just see us with our kids. I want to say "Are you kidding me??? Did you really hear what you just said???" I agree with Tracy that you do look precious and not that big at all.

Emily said...

I agree Bethany you look great, and people with their dumb comments should keep them to their selves. My favorite comment to a pregnant lady is " hey are you still pregnant" I wanted to say to them no I jst swallowed a bunch of beachballs. Duhhhhhhhhhh. You look great. Hope Stephen is feeling better.

Anonymous said...

always one to point out the bright side of things...Bethany...it could be worse...you could have NOT been pregnant when he said that...

The Roap Family said...

Aw, I think pregnant bellies are cute (except mine!) but I totally agree! I would have probably made some sort of sign language about halfway through that conversation... you were a lot nicer than I would have been!

Cristin Claire said...

That is ridiculous. You are the one of the tinier pregnant people I have ever seen. People never cease to amaze me with their idiotic comments.

**Punkydoop's World** said...

Oh B I am sorry! What a jerk! Poeple just don't think before they speak and you look great! Don't let him get you down - I sure wish I looked like you when I was pregnant!!

Anonymous said...

Wow...he should have seen me pregnant! He hasn't seen big! =)
Tiffany

Anonymous said...

I think you look beautful
Pop

Meredith said...

What a dork! Apparently, he's never seen a truly big pregnant woman! You look great!