Saturday, June 4, 2011

What is this thing????

474 copy

What kind of caterpillar is this!??!

Our kids have no fear when it comes to bugs. Allie wanted to hold this unique find.

I was hesitant in agreeing.


475 copy

In the end, under S's supervision, the kids softly touched the top of it.

Oh, and remember Bouncy? If you don't, click here.

Bouncy did emerge from its cocoon. But, I found her lifeless at the bottom of our bug net. It was the ugliest looking moth I had ever seen. Should've stayed a caterpillar if you ask me.

I bet this caterpillar pictured above will become a beautiful butterfly!

2 comments:

Judy H. said...

You got me curious, so I looked it up. Orgyia leucostigma, White-marked Tussock Moth caterpillar. Such a long name for such a tiny thing.

Life in Color said...

Thanks Judy. I was trying to find it myself but not having much luck. Ain't Google grand?