Thursday, February 24, 2011

culture shock

056 copy

(Sorry for the photo being completely unrelated to the story. But how could I post without a picture???)

Soooooo, I've started to meet some girls/mommas up here. I went to a girls night out supper club dinner the other night excited to meet new faces.

As I was mingling around talking to various people I overheard a conversation about another girl being "new to the area", "just moved here 3 weeks ago". Perfect. Instant connection for me, with us both being so new here.

My first question, "Hey, I just moved here 3 months ago from Greenville, SC, where did you move from?

Her reply, "Conover".

I realize you all haven't the slightest clue where Conover is in relation to Hickory.

Stephen works in Conover. We put 2 offers on houses there. It is a mere 10 mintues down the road.

I laughed and told the girl that didn't count as a move. Probably shouldn't have said that, but it just came out.

Anyway, I found it humorous. Hickory is a small area. But, Conover is smaller. I guess that was a big move for her.

2 comments:

Life in Color said...

Love, love, love this picture of Allie. (The dress is adorable!)

The VanZoerens said...

Too funny! I hope you are enjoying NC...we hope to take a trip that way some time this year. If we do, I will let you know. It would be great to see you!