
I want to fill you all
bloglanders on with something that is going on with our little Gabe. He has started having "shakes/tremors". I have already mentioned this to his
dr. who seemed to shrug it off saying he was just trying to refuse his bottle because he was sleepy. This has happened about 8 times now and it all started about a month or so ago.
Every time it happens he is eating a bottle and overly tired. He will be in the middle of eating a bottle and his body and head will start shaking involuntarily. I don't think it's a seizure because I can stimulate him and bring him out of it. But it is so scary to watch when it happens. I googled the other day infant tremors and I started reading other moms' stories of very similar experiences. They all said this started around 5 months (exactly when Gabe's started) and happened while eating and when their child was overly tired. They said it turned out to be some freak thing that happened and their child grew out of it by 12-18 months....with no long term effects. This is a l
ittle comforting to read, but I am no doctor and am going to talk with his
dr. again about it at his 6 month check-up next week. In the meantime, have my video camera ready in case it happens again so I can take a video. Please say a prayer (or two or three) for Gabe that this shaking will stop and be nothing at all.
6 comments:
B - I'm sorry. I know thats nerve racking. That happened to Alyssa twice and I panicked....after the second time it never happened again but it did happen while she was eating too and very tired. With the first one she fell asleep right after and I watched her the whole time she slept very nervous. I'll be praying for little Gabe.
Yeah, the last time it happened...I said "Gabe" very loud and kind of squeezed his arms, he immediately came out of it and leaned into me and fell right to sleep. Then proceeded to sleep for 2 hours.
Will be praying that it is nothing and just one of those things to freak out Mommy...keep us updated please. So sorry.
We are thinking about you guys. Love you all!
Bethany,
I am so sorry to hear that. We will be praying for little Gabe! You have such a beautiful family! :) Just wanted to stop in and say hi! :)
Have a wonderful new year!
Ada
so sorry, bethany. i'll keep gabe in my prayers.
Post a Comment