Saturday, October 18, 2008

"I'm sorry I touched you"


No, this picture has absolutely nothing to do with the story I am about to tell....but I like to add pics to my posts...and this one just happens to be a new one that I just got my hands on.

I really have to watch what I say these days. We were having dinner last night and I had juggled the kids all day, as usual. Dinner time came and I simply wanted to eat in peace; no constant talking, no crying, no whining, and especially no touching. I needed my space! Allie is a momma's girl, and even sitting at the dinner table she likes to scoot her chair next to mine and sit just as close as possible to me. Last night's dinner was no exception. Her chair and mine are touching and she keeps throwing herself on me....just all over me. Finally, I lost it and said "Allie, quit touching me". She responded in the sweetest little voice I have ever heard, "I'm sorry I touched you". I just melted in my chair.

4 comments:

Allyson said...

Awww, sweet little Allie. Cole is the same way--it drives me crazy. I love that picture of you two; it's beautiful! And I love the previous pics of Gabe. He is so big now! I hope everything is well.

Tonya said...

I think we all get that way at times. Sometimes we just need our space and when we don't get it, we go a little crazy. Anyway, I love that picture of you and Allie. So sweet!

The Roper's said...

I am so glad to hear these stories...always feel guilty when you lose your patients. But we are only human and we ALL do it. I don't think that I did until #2...that is a good story. Thanks!

Cristin Claire said...

Oh my gosh, what a little sweetie!!!