Saturday, September 20, 2008

BMW Classic 2 Mile

It's official, I'm a runner! I ran my first race this weekend, the BMW Classic 2 Mile.


This was our pre-race race. Pappy didn't get the memo that you are supposed to let the kids win.



I told Sarah that they all needed to wear hotpink "Team Bethany" shirts race day. Here is the shirt she had made for Allie....




And here is Grammy sporting the "Team Bethany" shirt.








Pre-race goofy jitters...


....on your mark...(don't even try to find me, I was in the back with the woman pulling her oxygen tank).
Run Stephen run...the people he paced himself with were young and fit.



...and here are the people I paced myself with. Enough said.


...Stephen finishing with a time of 14:47.

The crew waiting for me to finish...and waiting...and waiting....

"Are you sure she ran the right way, surely she didn't get lost".


I finally crossed the finish line...with a time of 18:04. Almost beat the old guy, maybe next time.

I didn't realize how red my face was...



Stephen and his mom post race.




The girls enjoying bananas.




Poor Elizabeth just wanted out of this bear hug.



Gabe worked up an appetite watching us run.


6 comments:

Allyson said...

You're so funny! Congratulations!! I think it's pretty awesome that you ran two miles in under 20 minutes!

Tonya said...

I think it's awesome as well! I don't think I could have done that. You look great Bethany!

Tracy Williams said...

Love the pics...I was impressed with your time...not too shabby for a first time racer! Pretty soon you'll be passing that old guy and Stephen.

Lindsey said...

Good job! You look GREAT!!!

Emily said...

Great job Bethany. You should be very proud of yourself to run that race what 10 or 12 weeks after having Gabe. I wish I had the get up and go like you do.

The Roper's said...

You are too funny!! I was not running when Bryce was that young...wait...I'm still not running!