Monday, August 25, 2008
Tongue Tied
We took Gabe to the pediatric surgeon this morning at Greenville Memorial Hospital. We thought we were just going for a consultation to talk to the dr. about Gabe being tongue tied. Dr. Chandler took a look at his tongue and confirmed he is definitely tongue tied and it would more than likely cause speech issues in the future. The decision was easy...clip it. I took Allie and left the room while Stephen stayed behind with Gabe. Within a minute the dr. came out and said they were finished. Gabe is no longer tongue tied. It only bled a little and he was eating immediately following it being clipped. He only took 2 oz., but they said he may just have to get used to his tongue feeling different to him. Past that, he shouldn't be in any pain. I still feel for the little guy, but I did get a look at his tongue and it looks SO much better! I am so thankful the surgeon was on the same page with us and agreed to clip Gabe's tongue.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Guess what...I just found out that I am tongue tied too!!! My dentist told me about 3 weeks ago and was suprised that i never had any problems with speaking or anything. I always just thought i had a really short tongue but i guess i just have a tongue defect! So glad baby Gabe got through it just fine, maybe i should get mine clipped now...nah i would seriously be scared!!!
I am so happy that things went smoothly and that Baby Gabe is ok.
So glad that it was so easy-was good he just did it, then you had less time to worry. It was so so good to see you this weekend! Check out the pic of the girls on our blog :)
Glad he is doing well!
glad to hear that Gabe is doing so well and that it all went so quickly.
Post a Comment