Monday, May 10, 2010

It's strawberry pickin' time

strawberry 068 copya

It's that time of year again when the strawberries are ripe, delicious, and ready for pickin'.

The kids and I are flying solo while S is out of town, so I talked some friends of ours into tagging along for the ride to Hardy Berry Farms in Anderson, SC.

(Turned out to be a very long ride. In pure Bethany style, what should have taken us thirty mintues, turned into an hour and a half).

strawberry 003 copy

By the time we found the place, we only had a couple of willing participants to pick strawberries.


strawberry 128 copy

Don't be fooled by this picture...what looks to be an innocent hug is really G tackling Allie while she was picking strawberries.

I think he tried to change tunes and turn a take down into a hug when he realized the eyes in the back of my head were watching him.


strawberry 064 copy

Despite the obstacles of a tackling brother, Allie managed to pick out the sweetest red ripe strawberries.

She picked them all this year while I chased Gabe. G wanted nothing to do with it...he was too busy throwing the rotten ones laying on the ground.

strawberry 027 copy

I just love this little girl. S is a spittin' image of her adorable momma. S is a little shy but as sweet as they come.

Pretty sure she has a crush on Gabe. She thinks he's cute....

strawberry 042 copya

An hour and a half drive there....and the kids were finished picking strawberries in 15 mintues.


strawberry 173 copy

Our happy bunch.

G has a horrible cough, and has been extra, extra, extra, extra. extra (okay that's enough) fussy today. I think this pic was taken right after he fell and busted his lip. Can't a momma get a break?

Thanks guys for coming along for the ride!!!! We enjoyed your company. (Thank you A for leading us home, otherwise, no telling how long it would have taken!)

4 comments:

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

Cute pics, Bethany! I hope to do that soon with my kiddos and some friends. :)

Life in Color said...

I know all about those Bethany trips...2 hours to get there and if you're lucky 30 minutes to get home! Looks like everyone enjoyed the day in spite of the delay getting there. Hope today is a better one for all!

Tim Logan said...

Way to go darling. I admire you for trekking out with the kids. Its all about the journey. We already know our eventual destination.
Love you,
Pop

The Roper's said...

yummy! Great idea!