So this was the big camping trip weekend - complete with purified drinking water from the creek, s'mores, hot dogs, a roaring campfire, and Allie's favorite - fishing.
On Allie's list of things to take camping...chinchilla (HEY Amy, JR, and Emily...she still loves her chinchilla), stuffed puppy, khaki blanket, snuggly pillow, and dental floss. (Yes, it was actually used).
Here are two stoked little kiddos ready for their big camping trip.
By the way, I sent an old point and shoot with Stephen for this trip. The pics arent the best quality, but S did a great job capturing moments of Allie's big girl camping trip for us to see!
Here we have my little princess lining up worms.
She is a happy mix between a tomboy and girly girl. She asked to wear a dress camping, but I had put my foot down there.
...that the kids played with until it died.
Then Charlie proceeded to decapitate the poor little fella and show the kids its stomach and educate them on what it had for lunch.
Then they had it for lunch.
By the way, she was not ready to come back and told Stephen she wanted to stay for 5 more days. I love that she loves to get dirty and enjoy nature.
Looks like another camping trip is in her future.
***Back at home, Gabe decided to get sick on me while these two were away and has been battling a stomach bug since midnight last night. He is doing better, still feverish, but much better.
3 comments:
What a great dad our grandbabies have!! You did a good job capturing all the special moments too. Way to go S. A we are glad you got to have to camping experience!
Love,
Maw-Maw
Emily's words to Allie "I would like to go on a camping trip with you someday, and I would bring my Allie doll with me." She sill sleeps with hers also and she was very excited to hear that Allie still carried her's with her. She wants to know if you all are going to make a trip up here this summer? Miss you guys.
I echo Maw-Maw's word, what a great dad our grandbabies have! (And Mom too - happy Mothers Day B) Sounds like a good time was had by all.
Post a Comment