Monday, April 5, 2010

We've hit the terrible 2s

easter10 094 copy copyb

Gabe is inching ever so closer to 2! Didn't I just birth this child?

TWO!!!! And his behavior is definitely showing it. I didn't know what the phrase "terrible two" meant...until our sweet little Gabe.

His favorite words. "NO"....and "uh uh". And he knows how to use them well.

He is our temper tantrum kid and if he does not get his way will a) pitch a fit thrashing about in the floor, b) throw something at you, c) swat at you....or d) all of the above (to which I walk away ignoring him with any combination of the four).

I keep telling myself it is just a phase and will pass soon. Right????

8 comments:

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

It is a phase and will pass...then it will be on to something else. Boys are just different than girls, aren't they? :)

Life in Color said...

But he's so stinkin cute.

Allyson said...

He's so handsome! I'm sure it's hard to discipline him with a face like that!
Oh, and Cole still tells me No and Uh Uh. We've been battling that since he was two. He's four now.
Good luck! :)

Emily said...

Emily is 6 and still throws those fits, I am not sure if that helps.

The VanZoerens said...

Arden has already started the terrible two's and she's only 17 months! I've had to learn to do the same as you--just walk away :) Let's hope for the both of us that Arden and Gabe grow out if this so very soon!

Lindsey said...

Oh yes. Dr. Forbess told us about the TT's at our one year appointment! She also said boys are more physical whereas girls are more emotional :)

Tonya said...

It's a phase and I'm sure with time it will pass. I'm going through the 4 yr old attitude right now. I simply walk away when the attitude and tantrums begin. They finally realize that you're not going to give in to them and you aren't paying them any attention. You are a great mom and I'm sure you will make it through this just fine!

The Roper's said...

Sounds like a boy thing :)