Friday, January 29, 2010

So long naps

IMG_3788 copy

Say it isn't so!!!!!

Allie has been on the verge of giving up her naps for a few months now. But, I would ignore her "I'm not tired" pleads and force her to lay down and try to sleep.

Lately she has been eating everything in sight and wants to sleep until 9:00 a.m. (I know, dont hate me....do keep in mind I still have to wake up with my early riser 18 month old). I understand this is a growth spurt, but she is 4. And, does just fine without naps.

I only want her to continue naps for selfish reasons....ME time!

So, this is our first week of no naps. We have been successful with "quiet time" in her room or either watching a movie in the play room. She understands she is not allowed to come out of her room until I come in and get her....or until the movie is over.

She is being completely cooperative and obediant with her new found freedom; which I am thankful for.

BUT, I am saddened to say, So long naps. You will be missed!

5 comments:

~Sam said...

It must be that age because Jax is the same way right now- I have about a 50% average right now and I've learned to enjoy the fact that if he skips the nap, bedtime is SO easy!

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

I feel your pain. I have 3 three year olds that don't want or need to nap anymore. Makes for some long days from time to time! It is nice when they start sleeping later, though. :)

Emily said...

She is growing up to fast. I love the pictures. We miss you all, hugs and kisses Amy

Allyson said...

Ugh, I know how you feel. Cole gave up naps about 6 months ago! He'll take an occasional one, but that's it. Except he only sleeps until 7 am, no matter how late he goes to bed!

The Roper's said...

we are there with you-I still make Addy lay down for an hour. She rarely goes to sleep. Sad :( Can't they just 2 naps a day for forever! Where did our babies go????