Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Dot

128 copy

Our main reason for visiting AL last week was to visit my sweet 87 year old grandma Dot.

With Allie starting kindergarten this fall, our week trips to my home town will be gone and short weekend visits will have to do.

We spent a good bit of time with grandma, hanging out at her place; watching the kids play with pennies and building forts.

I caught grandma just watching the great grandkids....she likes to people watch. I could tell she was enjoying the company.

041 copybw

While we were there we enjoyed a family dinner out to Cracker Barrel (grandma's pick) and an even better (in my opinion) dinner at Picadilly - MY FAVORITE. S was heartbroken he was not able to make it for Picadilly....I could hear the disapointment in his voice.

Grandma Dot, you are so loved. See you again soon.

4 comments:

juju said...

I LOVE this pic of Grandma....the simplest shot can make the biggest statement! You are great! juju

Tim Logan said...

Thanks for coming, it has been a long time when I have seen so many smiles on Grandma's face. You are teaching your children that family is the most important thing you have and one day I know they will remember that with a couple of other sets of grandparents.
Love yyou,
Pop

Marla Logan said...

Very SWEET post!! Sure would like a copy of the pic????? Love ya,

Life in Color said...

Beautiful tribute to Grandma Dot. It is obvious how special she is to you. Pop's right, your teaching our grandchildren that family comes first...we can't ask for more. (Well maybe if to live a little closer so I could see them whenever I wanted.) See you soon!!!