Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Day 3

512 copybw

"Pk" is a term often used in relating to preacher's kids. I've also heard "pk" used relating to photographer's kids. I've got PKs in the sense that they rebel regarding anything photography.

They challenge me, these two of mine.

419 copybw

We headed to the beach one evening while in Marco to get some pics of the kids.

I'm dissapointed in how they turned out. I realize though, that I am extra critical and may see things in these photos that some of you may not.

Partly because I am not where I want to be with my photography and I get SO frustrated when photos don't turn out like I see them in my head.

And partly because I'm dealing with two kiddos who give me 1.2 seconds to get my perfect shot before they move on to playing in the sand and throwing sand balls at one another.

715 copy

I know the grands will love these pics. That really is all that matters. (Welcome back to the country guys!!!)

551 copybw

By the way, Days 1 and 2 posts won't happen - so this post concludes our trip photos. I'm entitled to change plans for this blog right?

6 comments:

The VanZoerens said...

For what it's worth, I think the pictures look great--just like they always do! April and I were talking just the other day about how talented you are :) But, if you think you need more practice, you know where we live and are free to photograph my kiddos anytime!

Lila Armock said...

Um, yes, you HAVE seen my pictures of HK, right?? ;) hehe. I feel your pain! And please, make a canvas of the shot of Allie!

Allyson said...

I think these pictures are beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Pictures are great! I am going to need another Bethany photography session this summer, pretty please! Ellie couldn't believe Allie was wearing a "Teddy Duncan" outfit. She has touched that a millions times at Target!

The Roper's said...

Agreed that they are GREAT and that you are an absolute talent! And I have been looking at that little dress too....so cute and so is the little girl in the dress :)

Marla Logan said...

It's great to be home!! Thanks for such a welcome!! Nothing better than a grankid fix, even when it can only be a picture!! Hugs and kisses all around!