Monday, July 20, 2009

Slip n slide fun

Have I ever mentioned how when I was a little girl my dad let us pick out gifts to give to our mom on Mother's Day?

My brother chose blue silk flowers while I chose a slip n slide. I love that story. Somewhat relevant to this post being that we are playing on a slip n side in the photos below.

Fast forward to today. My parents boast about how for card giving holidays, they simply walk into Target, find the card aisle, select the perfect card, and let the other person read it before returning the card back to its home at the card aisle in Target.

My family is not normal. But that is why I love our family.

On to the slip n slide pics.




















Happy Monday to all.

3 comments:

Gina Strychar said...

Bethany - that is too funny. Greg and I started the same tradition 5 years ago for our anniversary, valentines day and other love sappy days. This way we get more than one card each time!

Lindsey said...

That is a fun idea!!! Maybe that way, I'll actually "get" a card :) The kids (Stephen included) are too cute!!!

Cristin Claire said...

I love your family's fun traditions too! And the story of the slip n slide is classic.