Head circumference: 18 3/4 (75th percentile)
Weight: 19 lb. 2 oz (5th percentile)
In a nutshell, and I've said this before, we have a little guy (except for his melon, he's right on track).
His Dr. said for us to sneak in calories wherever we can to try and fatten him up a bit. The thing that is perplexing is, he eats, and drinks his fair share of whole milk! He actually eats more than his 3 year old sister most days. I think the kid just has his daddy's metabolism. But, we'll do our part and throw butter and cheese on top of everything he eats.
Walking? Nope. He still speed crawls around and stands unassisted. He has taken a couple of steps from a push toy to the couch, but for now he still is not interested in walking.
Talking he says, mama, dada, Aya (for Allie), Izzy, Ni-ni (night night), bye bye, more, pop, pap pap (pappy), caca (cracker), uh-oh, etc.
He loves playing outside and cries when we let the dog out but keep him inside. He loves to climb the stairs and lock himself upstairs behind the baby gate. He will play by himself for an hour if I am in the shower or cleaning house.
He is a great sleeper. Takes (1) 2 hour nap a day. Goes down at 8:00 pm and wakes between 8:30 - 9:00 am. (Now, if only Allie would sleep in, she gets up at 7:00).
He still is the happiest little thing, constantly smiling and is very laid back.
7 comments:
I can't believe how perfectly you captured that moment!! I'm laughing so hard I'm crying.
I love those pictures! I can't believe it's been a year! He is a cutie!
The Best pics
pappy
I can not believe he is 1 already, it went so fast. But we do have one question why does he go from happy to sad in a few short frames?
1 already??? Happy Birthday Gabe!!!
Amy to answer your question....He was fine when stuck the cupcake in front of him (the first pic), but then we started singing "Happy Birthday"....guess we scared him. It was pretty funny though.
Great pics! My kids were both small at their one year check ups and both had big melons! :) As a matter of fact, Macy weighed 19lbs 3ozs...nearly the same as Gabe! It's good to catch up with y'all. You do a great job of keeping your blog updated. I'm horrible at it, and I rarely read blogs anymore. Just wanted to check in. Would love to see you guys sometime. Let us know next time you're in Huntsville!!
Post a Comment