Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Baby update

We had another ultrasound this morning at my dr. appt. to get a better look at the size of the baby. Stephen was a 10# baby and we are well on our way to having one of our own. The baby is in the 92nd percentile, its abdomen is measuring 3 weeks ahead of schedule, and the baby weighs 5 lbs. Now, with that said, overall I am only meausring 1 1/2 weeks ahead of schedule. My dr. said she just wants to continue monitoring the baby's size. We have another ultrasound in 4 weeks. At that point, we should have a better idea if we are going to be able to attempt a VBAC....or if the baby is already too big we will probably have a scheduled C-section 1 week before my due date (meaning around July 8th). For those of you who don't know.....during the next 8 weeks a typical baby will double in size in the womb. That puts us right at the 10 lb. mark! Yikes! As for me, I am doing good. I tire easily and am getting pretty uncomfortable with my achy back and feet. But I am hanging in there. I am just ready for this baby to be here.

10 comments:

The Roper's said...

Oh My! You take it easy...scheduled C-section would sound good to me :)
Hang in there!!

Gayla said...

My goodness. A 10 lb baby for someone as tiny as you. I would definately want a c-section. Take Care of yourself. He will be here before you know it.

Anonymous said...

10lbs??!! Bethany, you are so tiny, how's this going to work? :) Hang in there! It's getting closer and closer!!

Anonymous said...

Just to clarify...your dear husband weighed in at 10# 8 oz. and was 23.5 " long. I'm just not sure were you will put all that baby! My vote is for a July 4th birth complete with happy fireworks!

Formerly a BIG pregnant Mama!

Lindsey said...

I can't believe it's almost time for that little one to be here! It seems like only yesterday you were announcing you were preggers! We are thinking about you guys...hang in there!

Anonymous said...

OH! Bethany!! You are going to tip over soon! Take care and get some rest! Can't wait to meet the new baby Patton!!
XO Jodi

Emily said...

I agree with the rest of them you are so tiny you are going to tip over, and also i wouldhave a c-section with that big of a baby. But I can't wait to meet him. Take care and get lots of rest. Love Amy

**Punkydoop's World** said...

I cannot believe it is almost time!!!! Maybe another month and a half and we will have another little Patton! I am so excited for you guys! Hang in there - you are doing great!
We miss you all!!
Love you!

The Roap Family said...

I totally understand why you want to have VBAC. We will pray for you that your baby ends up being a lot smaller than 10lbs! I really hope you don't have to go through the recooperation of a Csection again! I remember how it felt =)

Anonymous said...

We are having lots of new babies in the family!!! I am still waiting for that pic of mama!!! I thought eric was big at 9 lb 2 oz!!!

aunt robin