Sunday, October 10, 2010

weekend recap

IMG_8467 copy

Allie was very excited to be reunited with us on Friday. She came running up to me and gave me a big hug and lot of kisses. Little G even got a hug and a "heeeeey buuuuuuddy". Unfortunately, the novelty wore off quickly and the kids were bickering in the backseat on our trip home.
(A HUGE thanks to my parents for driving to Atlanta to return Allie. Bless their hearts....I only had to drive 1.5 hours to meet them. I love them...those parents of mine!)

So, my birthday was this weekend. It was a great one. I had girl's night out on Friday (Thanks girls. You all mean SO much to me). Then Saturday had some great family time going downtown to Fall for Greenville. Allie thought the entire festival was all for my birthday. We had friends over for chili and football watching Sat. night. I love spending time with my family and our wonderful friends here. It was a great birthday!

House news: The inspection went great. Minor things to be done. We are working through a few kinks....but nothing that should be a deal breaker on the house. Close date....Oct. 27. Bittersweet. But I'm ready.

3 comments:

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

Yay for your house...that's great! I know you're excited! Ben and I were in Greenville this weekend visiting my sis. Our first time there...we LOVED it! We were at Fall for Greenville, too! Too bad we didn't run into you...We had the best time!

The Roper's said...

your decorations are so cute :) and Allie too!! Happy Birthday to You!!!

**Punkydoop's World** said...

I am so glad you had a great weekend and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :) I am so excited for the new house and everything - I know you guys will be so happy being all together again soon!!