Saturday, October 3, 2009

Week 2 Soccer - with jelly bean bribery

I bought Jelly Bellys and put them in a glass jar in sight where Allie would be tempted. And I told her she was only allowed to have them if she ran after the soccer ball this week. (Last week she walked and told me she didn't want to run in the wet grass.)

I am happy to report she ended her day eating jelly beans.

She even kicked the ball....three times....and it was intentional! But, she was going the wrong way. And it ended with her on the bottom of a 3 kid pile-up. Needless to say, she was crying hysterically and had to be carried off the field by her coach.




Her soccer games really are quite entertaining. See #6 there (with his dad helping out a bit)? Last week he was running around the field pretending he was a motorboat making neat noises with his lips. Then another little girl was pretending she was an airplane and ran onto the field with her arms outstretched flying around.


Gabe has become Allie's little cheerleader. Last night he was clapping and yelling out "A-ie, A-ie, A-ie." When he's not cheering for his sister, Gabe was on the sidelines kicking a soccer ball. Impressed me. Seriously, I'm tempted to throw on his sisters "soccer dress" and scoot him out on the field and let him go after it.


1 comment:

Life in Color said...

So proud of her. Keep the jelly beans rolling!! (And Gabers looks so cute in his new shoes.)