My husband definitely earned some bragging rights yesterday!!!
I'm still trying to figure out how I got so lucky marrying him.
The kids and I abandoned Stephen all last week leaving him behind to work while we enjoyed the beautiful sandy beaches of Gulf Shores, AL. I talked to Stephen throughout the day on our 8 hour car ride home; every time mentioning how nice it was to lay on the couch all day watching football. Turns out that wasn't the case at all.
I came home to a spotless house. Dinner was ready for me when I walked through the door, the vacuum had been run, sheets washed and put back on beds, towels and rugs washed, kitchen clean, dishes put away, he even went to the store to buy wood floor cleaner (I usually just use water) and mopped the hardwoods; you get the idea! And to top it off.........flowers and a card. Upstairs in our room.....2 more vases full of flowers and another card and a rose laying on our bed.
I was missed and that makes me happy. I love you Stephen. Thank you for always making me feel special.
8 comments:
This was a sweet post. can't get past the 8 hour car ride... alone with two little ones? Bless you, you deserved a card & flowers!!!
I could never do the 8 hours by myself! Sounds like you were missed :)
You are truly blessed! Geoff did that for me a few weekends ago when Arden and I went to the beach without him--I thought he spent the whole weekend relaxing too, but was completely shocked when I got home. We are definitely lucky to have married these guys!
He's a good boy. His mother raised him well! See you next week.
Wow...that's SO great! Sounds like you need to hang on to that one! :)
MAJOR brownie points!!! That is so sweet!
He's either super sweet or the house was really messy! Glad you're doing well!
I don't have to tell you to hang on to him...
Post a Comment