Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Yup, pink eye!

Confirmed double pink eye! Per the doc, it's a "nasty case".

I've never seen anything like this before and we have gone through this with Allie and her spells of pink eye.

This one is nasty!

blog

When I woke G this morning, his little eyes were glued shut with green goo. S had to take Allie to school this morning because I did not anticipate spending 15 minutes prying G's eyes open.

I must say....he was a TROOPER!

He didn't cry, and I calmly explained what was going on. I picked him up and carried him down to our bathroom and began soaking his eyes with a warm cloth.

S walked in as I was soaking his eyes, and mentioned that because G has been a rockstar with this all, we should reward him with a balloon. And melt my heart, but a huge grin spread across G's face (eyes still goo'd shut).

blog2

Enter angry birds balloon!

On a side note, we are doing our best to take every precaution to not catch this ourselves. Allie has been walking around the house with anitbacterial hand gel and anytime G touches her, she disinfects her hands.

Sticking to docs orders, G and I continue to be holed up in our house until Friday. We will reevaluate then to see if he is well enough to venture out.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!! Give him hugs from us!

Lila Armock said...

Poor baby!! Hope he gets better ASAP!

Marla Logan said...

Such a sweet boy! He looks so pitiful! I can't stand it!! Hope it passes faster than fast!

Emily said...

hope he feels better soon, so you can get out and about and he can go back to school. I am sure he is missing his friends. By the way not sure if you know this but my blog is back up and running. amyglovier.blogspot.com Not sure Emily will be doing much more with hers

Emily said...

I know I am way behind and back reading but I think I just got pink eye from reading this....glad to know it got better!