Stephen promised Allie he would take her camping in the backyard once the weather got warm. Since winter, she has been opening our back door and sticking her arm out to check to see if it was warm enough to camp. Spring is here bringing warmer weather and Allie has not let us forget she is ready to camp.
Gabe crawling outside while the campsite is being put together. He doesn't like to crawl in the grass...

...so he does this crab walk to get around.

Gathering wood for the fire.

Look ma, I helped.
Must've learned this technique from Pappy.
Pitching the tent. Yes, they actually slept in it (on an air mattress)....until midnight when Stephen talked Allie into going inside for the night.

Only one kid not looking, not bad in my opinion.


Our favorite part of the night was definitely making smores over the fire.
3 comments:
Aren't little boys just the sweetest?!?! I know I don't have anything to compare them to...but :) So glad he's so happy and healthy! Miss you guys!
That's a moment that I'm sure she will look back on later in life and smile. It's always great to spend quality family time together like that. Glad you had fun!
how cute!!!! i hope she remembers it :) that is the sweetest thing--gotta love daddies and their girls!
Post a Comment