Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Steelhead Fishing

UPDATE: Come on people, I need some unbiased opinions in the comment section.

Which fish is bigger?

The only comments so far are family members.

This post is staying up until we have a confirmed biggest catch winner.

_____________________________________________________________________________________


S had another fly fishing extravaganza over Thanksgiving. This time destination: 20 Mile Creek off Erie in PA, fish of choice: steelhead.

I would like to educate you about steelhead and fishing for them, unfortunately I am in the dark here. The only thing I know is the more silver the belly the fresher they are to the creek (having just arrived from the neighboring Lake Erie). There you have it, my only steelhead fun fact.

The boys had an excellent day on the waters. I understand the waters were crowded with other steelhead hopefuls, but our boys were some of the only fisherman to reel them in last Friday.

Below are the catches.

Please feel free to comment on which fish you believe to be the biggest. We are in desperate need of an unbiased opinion to put a cork in these boys.

steelhead1

steelhead2

steelhead3

steelhead5

steelhead4

11 comments:

chicken said...

I think that Chris wins! His is certainly chubbier!! Stephen's looks like it could use a new pair of socks or maybe a flashlight? and it is too dark in the pic of Jr's...so Chris wins!

Life in Color said...

We've measured, analyzed and compared until our eyes are crossed. Does one look larger because it's being held more forward...yada, yada, yada.

And since we are the most unbiased commenters to date, I declare a tie...between S & C of course. JR's is obviously waaay too small to even be considred.

Although Pappy thinks C's just might edge out the others and should be declared the winner.

Next time measure the dang things.

Life in Color said...

S's is the prettiest. (Is that a good consolation prize?)

Sonya Lasseter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sonya Lasseter said...

Hey Bethany
This is Sonya Lasseter at Gadsden Regional Medical Center I am not sure on names I think your Dad told me it was Stephen's brother
(it is the 4th picture) has the biggest fish.

the blog you posted on Thanksgiving Day about the kids was too sweet, I almost cried, you have 2 beautiful children and I enjoy watching them grow up.

Wright Family said...

at first glance I think the biggest is the last one. sorry S!

The Roper's said...

I vote the last one!

Anonymous said...

I would say the first one S is holding or the fourth. They are too close to tell but I would break the tie by which one is the prettiest and that is def. Stephens =)

Marla Logan said...

Why didn't they just lay them side by side? I'm sure next time they will be sure to measure and document! BUT I think S has the biggest fish! I mean who wouldn't vote for her almost PERFECT son in law? Oh and his fish is the prettiest too! AND isn't he handsome in his fishing getup??

Life in Color said...

Will all of you non-family readers PLEASE post something...soon. I would love to see a few photos of my grandchildren!!!!

Marla Logan said...

I think #3 is the biggest!! Now I have voted so you can change this post!
This is is Phyllis!