Thursday, August 5, 2010

Asheville

IMG_3258 copy

The in-laws were in town last weekend. They always encourage us to do something....kidless...get away for the night.

We agreed....as we do most times they are brave enough to offer this!

IMG_3217 copy

We got to talking to some friends of ours about a little get away....they were in too!

S is VERY pregnant...but look at her from the back and you would never know. These guys both deserve a little R&R before baby #2 arrives.


IMG_3248 copy

We checked in to our accomodations for the night (more on this below) and headed downtown to do a little exploring.

Props to S, she was a trooper with all the walking and never complained. My feet hurt and my back isn't supporting a 10 lb. belly (wait a second, but I am, its just not a bun in the oven).

IMG_3179 copy

Asheville is very entertaining.

We happened upon this little drum and dance duo. I have no idea if this is a regular occurance (I'm thinking it might be). There were people everywhere beatin' their drums and dancin' around so freely without a care in the world.

Asheville is a great place to people watch.

IMG_3158 copy

We booked a room at Cedar Crest Inn Bed and Breakfast (built 1891). Gorgeous victorian charmer! I recommend it. It was a real step back in time with lots of period details (which I didn't get pics of because it was so dark inside).

IMG_3196 copy

This is where we had our breakfast...sitting on the wrap around porch, lined with ferns...it was lovely.

IMG_3137 copy

We actually did not stay in the main house, but the carriage house just steps away.

It was originally used to store the horse and buggies used by the family of the Cedar Crest, and has since been converted into a quaint little house.

Aaaaannd, I have to brag on my sweet husband who had champagne and a dozen roses waiting for me in our room! We have been away from each other way too much lately with the move. It was so nice to spend this time together. Thanks babe. I love you! All day long!

And, thanks Pappy and Grammy for watching the kids. (Now, should I be concerned that you didn't want to come back and keep them again?)

2 comments:

Life in Color said...

Nice pics...the one of R & S is great. Yea, the little monkeys were monsters while you were away...couldn't wait for you to get back. Seriously, we love it. We'll do it again soon just let me get home for a couple of days first!!

Tonya said...

The pictures were beautiful Bethany. Looks like a lovely getaway. Glad you and S could get some alone time together. It helps to do that once in a while to rekindle the marriage and keep it strong.