Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Penny

I have discovered I need to know more about CPR and the heimlich for children. Allie got choked on a penny today! She was just standing there with this scared look on her face....making this gag noise. I didnt know what to do and tried to feel in her throat for something (I didnt know at the time what it was). Then I proceeded to smack her hard on her back over and over...she was still choking. Finally, she gagged it up. I haven't heard her cry like she did in a long time, it really scared her. But, it scared me more...I was shaking. Needless to say, I have been researching tonight what to do if it happens again.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

I've just caught up on all your latest blogs! She is such a sweetie! I'm sorry about the choking scare! That has always been one of my biggest fears... I don't know as much as I should about it either! Hope to see y'all soon!

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

I bet that scared you to death!!! I'm so glad she's ok. That's one of my biggest fears is that something like that will happen when I'm home by myself. It's definitely something you want to be as prepared for as you can. Have a good Christmas with your little one. :)